We had our annual Christmas Cheer event on Wednesday, 2 December 2015, and it was a real feast.
- mulled wine reception
- a 15 minute talk by Chris Procter on mistletoe
- a 5-minute quiz by Jack Brettle
- a Periodic Table Treasure Hunt – with prizes
- mince pies and cake, stollen, tea and coffee
- Edmund Moynihan (about the Star of Bethlehem)
- a “build a marshmallow catapult” game – with even more prizes!
Our reputation for lively and entertaining events seems to be growing, as sixty people attended – a record for any December Science Group meeting.