This small friendly group of mixed Snooker abilities welcomes all whether novice or experienced. Own equipment not essential.
| The Aughton Institute, Bold Lane, L39 6GS|
- Leader: Graham Sumner - 01695 571388 
- Coordinator: Eamon Duffy - 01695 578514
U3A members who are not registered members of the Institute, and who wish to try their hand at snooker or return to it, please contact the Group Leader or Coordinator who will arrange ‘guest’ attendances for you to help you decide whether to subscribe to the Institute and join the U3A group.
All welcome, Please contact the Leader or Coordinator for further details.
Owing to the popularity of this Group we are having to close membership for the moment. There are a maximum of 5 tables available each Tuesday and we don’t want to have to make players wait a while for a game. We are opening a ‘Waiting List’ if you wish to be put on it.
We have a small informal group meeting on a Thursday afternoon and anyone wishing to play on a casual basis are welcome to join us then. [They may need to join the Tute as a member at some time though. see Graham or Eamon]
The Knockout Competition is going well with all Rounds One ties complete.
It would be helpful if you could arrange with your opponent when to play your match. I will update the Table as the results come in.
Here are the Final Positions at the conclusion of the Leagues.
Congratulations to Cliff and Mike on winning their Leagues. Mike will be in Div 1 now and Eamon will drop into Div 2. The playoff for the other promotion was won by Barry so there will be no change there.
- All games are over one frame.
- 2 points for a win, 1 each for an un-played matches.
- All matches to be completed by end of January 2019.. Play-offs the following two weeks.
- Players please arrange your own matches, and inform ED of the result.
- Draw to decide which 14 Handicaps are in Division 2.
- Players level on points to play a single re-spotted black as a decider.
- Handicap knock-out to be played early 2019. Winner of Div 1 & 2 to be penalised 7 points for the knock-out competition.
- Note ; all matches to be completed on or by 29 Jan. 2019One point per player, for each match unplayed, will be allocated after that date to give us time to run a knockout.
After play on Tuesday 4th December we retired to the Piri Piri Restaurant in Ormskirk for our Christmas Dinner.
Here we all are just about to tuck in to our main courses.
With thanks to Bill M for organising yet another successful meal.
Today, Monday 12th November 2018, we played Southport U3A for The Malcolm Jacques Trophy at the Aughton Institute.
The visiting team
Fran, Ann, Dave,Sheila, Steve & Craig
We began with six singles matches featuring:
Dave & Dave
Sheila & Bill
Craig & Cliff
Sue & Richard
Ann & Eddie
Fran & Mike
The match began with the Singles. There were some very close finishes including a re-spotted Black for Ann and Eddie.
The result of the Singles was 5 – 1 to Ormskirk.
After refrestments we started the Doubles which were all won by Ormskirk. Giving an overall score of 8 – 1 to Ormskirk.
Here I am presenting Barry, the non-playing Captain, with the Malcolm Jacques Trophy.
Our winning Team with the Trophy.
Here are the Minutes from the AGM.
On Tuesday 17th July the Champion of Champions Match was held between Bill Evans [Round Robin Winner] and Barry Carr [Autumn KO Competiton Winner & Spring KO Competition Winner] and of course our Team Captain for the match against Southport.
The match was so close that it ended in a “black ball” decider.
And the winner of the The Calvert Trophy is:
Here we have Lawrence presenting the Trophy to Barry with Bill watching on.
And proudly holding the Trophy is Barry