* Please note that until further notice Horizons Coffee Mornings and most Group activities have been suspended
- Joining the U3A
- Updating Membership Details in Beacon
- Renewing your Membership
- Contacts for Help using Beacon
- Benefits of Membership
Joining the U3A
If you would like to join the U3A – or just find out more about this self-help organisation– come to a Horizons * Coffee Meeting on a Thursday morning between 9:30 and 11:00 am.
If you do decide to join, you can:
- pick up an Application Form for membership at the Membership Desk at any Horizons *meeting
- download from this website a New Membership application form
- contact the Membership Team by filling in the web form to ask for more information
The membership year runs from 1st April to 31st March. Annual Membership is £15.
If you pay income tax you may wish to complete the gift aid section of the form; this will enable U3A to claim tax back from the UK tax authorities.
Updating Membership Details in Beacon
When you join, the Membership Team will set up your Membership Record on the Beacon System.
You can thereafter amend or update your personal details for yourself by logging on to the Beacon System, and making the appropriate changes to your record.
Please read this Message from the Membership Team about the importance of keeping everyone’s Membership Records up-to-date.
Renewing your Membership
Existing Members can renew their membership online using the Beacon membership renewal system
or download the Membership Renewal Form, complete it and send it to the address on the form with a cheque and a stamped addressed envelope.
Help with renewing your U3A membership online, or updating your membership record, is available by:
- contacting the Computer Advice Team who, during lock-down, are offering a remote service by email on email@example.com
- contacting the Membership Team via the relevant Web Form
Benefits of Membership
- Members may attend the Horizons* coffee morning, the monthly meetings, seminars and social events, and may join any number of activity groups.
- Three times a year we produce a magazine about Aughton & Ormskirk U3A which is available to members. This contains members’ articles and details of all activities. Members will also receive a monthly enews on their email with updates to the magazine and other news.
In order to comply with the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, members are reminded that membership data will be kept on a computerised database and/or in a file and used solely for U3A business and communication.