Renewing your membership
You can now renew your 2017-18 membership online with the brand new Beacon membership renewal system.
Help with renewing your U3A membership online is available at:
Existing members can still, of course, renew by the usual paper-based renewal form.
Joining the U3A
If you would like to join the U3A – or just find out more – come to a Horizons Coffee Morning on a Thursday morning between 9:45 and 11:00 am. As a visitor you can find out more about the U3A in Aughton and Ormskirk and what it offers.
- You can pick up an Application Form for membership at any Horizons meeting
- You can download a New Members Membership Application Form for Mar 2017 – Mar 2018
- You can contact the Membership Secretary by filling in the web form to ask for more information or to inform of any change of address or email
- Membership subscriptions from 1 March 2017 to 31 March 2018 is £15.00 with a renewal date of 1 April 2018
If you pay income tax you may wish to complete the gift aid section of the form; this will enable U3A to claim £3.75 from the UK tax authorities.
You will need to return the form to the membership secretary at any Horizons meeting; alternatively you could send the completed form to the address on the form.
Benefits of membership
- Members may attend the Horizons coffee morning, the monthly meetings, seminars and social events, and may join any number of activity groups.
- Members will receive a regular quarterly Magazine about Aughton & Ormskirk U3A, with members articles and details of all activities. They will also receive a monthly e-newsletter on their email with updates to the magazine and other news.
- Members also have access to free 24-hour legal advice. The Third Age Trust has an arrangement to provide First Assist Commercial Law Care to provide legal advice to U3A members. It is a free service available 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. You just need to phone 01455 251 500. You will require a code number, obtainable from your U3A secretary, and you must hold a current membership card.
In order to comply with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998, members are reminded that membership data will be kept on a computerised database and/or in a file and used solely for U3A business and communication.