Renewing your membership
You can now renew your 2017-18 membership online with the brand new Beacon membership renewal system.
Help with renewing your U3A membership online is available at:
- March and April Computer Tutorials
- Thursday Horizons meetings
- Monday and Tuesday Computer Advice sessions
Existing members can still, of course, renew by the usual paper-based methods. There is a renewal form in the current U3A magazine.
Joining the U3A
If you would like to join the U3A – or just find out more – come to a Horizons Coffee Morning on a Thursday morning between 9:45 and 11:00 am. As a visitor you can find out more about the U3A in Aughton and Ormskirk and what it offers.
- You can pick up an Application Form for membership at any Horizons meeting
- You can download a New Members Membership Application Form for Mar 2017 – Mar 2018
- You can contact the Membership Secretary by filling in the web form to ask for more information or to inform of any change of address or email
- Membership subscriptions from 1 March 2017 to 31 March 2018 is £15.00 with a renewal date of 1 April 2018
If you pay income tax you may wish to complete the gift aid section of the form; this will enable U3A to claim £3.75 from the UK tax authorities.
You will need to return the form to the membership secretary at any Horizons meeting; alternatively you could send the completed form to the address on the form.
Benefits of membership
Members may attend the Horizons coffee morning, the monthly meetings, seminars and social events, and may join any number of activity groups.
Members will receive a regular quarterly Magazine about Aughton & Ormskirk U3A, with members articles and details of all activities. They will also receive a monthly e-newsletter on their email with updates to the magazine.
Members also have access to free 24-hour legal advice. The Third Age Trust has an arrangement to provide First Assist Commercial Law Care to provide legal advice to U3A members. It is a free service available 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. You just need to phone 01455 251 500. You will require a code number, obtainable from your U3A secretary, and you must hold a current membership card.
In order to comply with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998, members are reminded that membership data will be kept on a computerised database and/or in a file and used solely for U3A business and communication.