Thinking about joining the U3A?
If you would like to join the U3A – or just find out more – come to a Horizons Coffee Meeting on a Thursday morning between 9:45 and 11:00 am. As a visitor you can find out more about the U3A in Aughton and Ormskirk and what it offers.
Joining the U3A
- pick up an Application Form for membership at the Membership Desk at any Horizons meeting
- download from this website a New Members Application Form January 2018 to March 2019
- contact the Membership Secretary by filling in the web form to ask for more information
Annual Membership, commencing in April, is normally £15.
But note that Membership subscription from 1 January 2018 to 31 March 2019 is available at £20.00, with a renewal date of 1 April 2019
If you pay income tax you may wish to complete the gift aid section of the form; this will enable U3A to claim £3.75 from the UK tax authorities.
You will need to return the form to the membership secretary at any Horizons meeting; alternatively you could send the completed form to the address on the form.
Renewing your membership
Existing Members will be able to renew their 2018-19 membership online from 18th February using the Beacon membership renewal system.
Help with renewing your U3A membership online is available by:
- calling in at the Membership Desk during Thursday Horizons meetings
- attending Monday and Tuesday Computer Advice sessions
- contacting the Membership Secretary
Existing members can still, of course, renew by the usual paper-based renewal form.
Existing Members can also update their personal details on the Beacon System for themselves by logging on to it. Help to do this is available from the above list of contacts.
Benefits of membership
- Members may attend the Horizons coffee morning, the monthly meetings, seminars and social events, and may join any number of activity groups.
- Members will receive a regular quarterly Magazine about Aughton & Ormskirk U3A, with members articles and details of all activities. They will also receive a monthly e-newsletter on their email with updates to the magazine and other news.
- Members also have access to free 24-hour legal advice. The Third Age Trust has an arrangement to provide First Assist Commercial Law Care to provide legal advice to U3A members. It is a free service available 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. You just need to phone 01455 251 500. You will require a code number, obtainable from your U3A secretary, and you must hold a current membership card.
In order to comply with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998, members are reminded that membership data will be kept on a computerised database and/or in a file and used solely for U3A business and communication.