Whilst our u3a provides many opportunities for learning, we also have a vibrant social dimension to our activities. They bring together people from across a wide range of special interests, in a convivial atmosphere, simply to enjoy themselves. These excellent events are organised by the Social Subcommittee. There is usually a member at the weekly Horizons meetings from whom you can get more details on their events and book places or buy tickets.
Note that some Groups also organise learning and social events that are open to all members ie not just their regular attendees. They are usually well advertised on the run-up to their dates in enews / at Horizons / elsewhere on this u3a website. Check regularly – don’t miss out!
- at St Michaels Church Hall
- on Wednesday 23 March, 12 noon for 12:30
- Tckets on sale at Horizons, £13 each
- Bring your own drink and glasses
Queens Jubilee Event
- Click on Poster to view details full-size
- Book at Horizons
Quiz Night with Hotpot Supper – “Battle of the Groups”
- Friday 30th September
- Venue – Scout & Guide HQ
- Quiz Master will ask first question at 7-30 prompt
- 6 persons per team
- Tickets on sale from 4th august at Horizons £10 each
- Watch this space
Click on u3a Christmas Lunch for a gallery of photos from this social event, the first for a long time due to Coronavirus lockdown and social isolation rules.
Last Updated on July 25, 2022