WHO WE ARE
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you express an interest in becoming a member of the U3A you will be asked to provide certain information. This includes:-
Your Subscription preferences – cash, card, cheque.
*Gift Aid Declaration
*Year of Birth
* items above are optional.
HOW WE COLLECT THIS PERSONAL INFORMATION
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To provide you with our U3A activities, services and events.
- To be able to administer, plan, and manage our U3A.
- To communicate with you about your group activities.
- To monitor, develop, and improve the provision of our U3A activities.
We will send you messages by email or other digital methods, telephone and post to advise you of U3A activities.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
- Internally – to Trustee and Committee members and Group Leaders, as required to facilitate your participation in our U3A activities.
- Externally – we use an external membership management system (called the Beacon System). With your consent for products or services such as direct mailing for the Trust Magazines – “Third Age Matters” and “Sources”.
- If we have a statutory duty to disclose it for other legal and regulatory reasons.
Where we need to share your information outside the U3A we will seek your consent and inform you as to whom the information will be shared and for what purpose.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
HOW YOUR INFORMATION CAN BE UPDATED OR CORRECTED
On an annual basis you will have an opportunity to update your personal information, as required, via the membership renewal form. Should you wish to view the information that the U3A holds on you, you can make this request by contacting the Membership Secretary or updating your personal information online. There may be certain circumstances where we are not able to comply with this request. This would include where the information may contain references to another individual or for legal, investigative, or security reasons. Otherwise we will usually respond within one month of the request being made.
HOW WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your membership data is held on an external membership management system (called the Beacon System).
AVAILABILITY AND CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 13 113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Last Updated on May 27, 2018