Horizons is a weekly meeting – open to all – held 9.30 – 11.30 am on Thursday mornings at Christ Church Scout & Guide HQ.
At the Horizons Meetings, you can:
- learn about Aughton & Ormskirk u3a at the Welcome Desk
- join the u3a at the Membership Desk
- renew your u3a membership at the Membership Desk
- sit down and enjoy a refreshing cup of a tea / coffee and biscuit
- chat to old friends and make new ones
- be informed about the latest u3a news and events via the slideshow, announcements and flyers (as well as by word-of-mouth, of course)
- meet Group Leaders and Coordinators and Management Committee members
- attend one of our interesting and varied Speaker Meetings
- learn something new, interesting or useful as advertised in the Guests & Events page.
- make reservations for trips and theatre / concert visits
- book/purchase tickets for social events such as a dance, quiz or Christmas lunch
- get advice and help with your digital camera and computer and smartphone problems
- purchase the exclusive u3a Diaries (Sold Out in 2023, but look out for the 2024 ones)
- view or buy lovely cards, hand-made by the Card Making Group
- browse the Book Stall for reading material – a bargain at 3 books for £1
Rotas at Horizons
Chairs and tables are set up before the start of Horizons thanks to the members of the Chair Rota. If you would like to volunteer for this Rota, please contact its Organiser, John Dixon, who is very often present at Horizons.
If you possibly can, please remember to help clear away chairs and tables around at the end of Horizons at 11.30.
There is a Welcome Desk Rota of helpful volunteers at Horizons waiting to answer your queries – especially useful if you are a new or potential member wanting to know more about the u3a.
Finally there is a lovely team of members who provide the refreshments weekly at Horizons.
Last Updated on August 14, 2023