Weekly Horizons Meetings are held on Thursday mornings, 9:30 – 11:30am, in the Scout & Guide HQ, Long Lane, Aughton just next to Christ Church.
At the Horizons Meetings you can:
- learn about Aughton & Ormskirk U3A at the Welcome Desk (manned by a rota of friendly greeters)
- enjoy a free cup of a tea or coffee and biscuits
- chat to old friends and meet new ones
- meet some of the group leaders and coordinators
- make reservations for theatre and concert visits
- book dining dates, days out and holidays
- purchase tickets for social events such as the Christmas Lunch and Summer Social
- hear about the latest U3A news via announcements, flyers and posters on the Notice Board (as well as just by word-of-mouth, of course)
- browse and buy at the book table
- get advice and help with your digital camera and computer problems
- join the U3A or renew your membership at the Membership Desk
- pick up your quarterly U3A Magazine
- learn something new or useful from the occasional Guest Visitors
- enjoy a refreshing cuppa, prior to moving just a short distance next door to Christ Church or the Ministry Centre for one of the series of Speaker Meetings
Rotas at Horizons
Chairs and tables are set up before the start of Horizons thanks to the members of the Chair Rota. If you would like to volunteer for this Rota, please contact its Organiser, Sue Watkinson, who is very often present at Horizons.
Please remember to clear away your own chair and table at the end of Horizons if you possibly can.
There is a Welcome Desk Rota of helpful volunteers at Horizons waiting to answer your queries – especially useful if you are a new or a potential member wanting to know more about the U3A.
What’s On at Horizons
Here are some of the U3A members you may come across at Horizons. Click or tap on any pic to start the presentation.