Weekly Horizons Meetings are held on Thursday mornings in the Scout & Guide HQ, Long Lane, Aughton just next to Christ Church, 9:30 – 11:30am.
A note about Horizons between Christmas and New Year
There will not be a Horizons coffee morning on Thursday 27 December for one week only.
- learn about Aughton & Ormskirk U3A at the Welcome Desk (manned by a rota of friendly greeters)
- enjoy a free cup of a tea or coffee and biscuits
- chat to old friends and meet new ones
- meet some of the group leaders and coordinators
- make reservations for theatre and concert visits
- book dining dates, days out and holidays
- purchase tickets for social events such as the Christmas Lunch and Summer Social
- hear about the latest U3A news via announcements, flyers and posters on the Notice Board (as well as just by word-of-mouth, of course)
- browse and buy at the book table
- get advice and help with your digital camera and computer problems
- join the U3A at the Membership Desk
- pick up your quarterly U3A Magazine
- learn something new or useful from the occasional Guest Visitors
- enjoy a refreshing cuppa, prior to moving just a short distance next door to Christ Church for one of the monthly Speaker Meetings
At some Thursday Horizons Meetings there is the occasional Guest Visitor, arranged by Sue Watkinson, our Speaker Secretary. This typically is a representative of an organisation (usually local) providing information of relevance to the U3A membership.
Paula Gatterall from West Lancs Borough Council is running a FREE weight management programme in January and will be attending Horizons on Thursday 13 December to talk to members about this. The programme will be held in the Ministry Centre. Why not come along and find out how to lose a few pounds after Christmas indulgences.
Rotas at Horizons
Chairs and tables are set up before the start of Horizons thanks to the members of the Chair Rota. But please remember to clear away your chair and table at the end of Horizons if you possibly can.
There is a Welcome Desk rota of helpful volunteers at Horizons waiting to answer your queries – especially useful if you are a new or a potential member wanting to know more about the U3A.
What’s On at Horizons
Here are some of the U3A members you may come across at Horizons. Click or tap on any pic to start the presentation.