Horizons is a weekly meeting from 9.30am on Thursday mornings at Christ Church Scout & Guide HQ
At the Horizons Meetings, you can:
- learn about Aughton & Ormskirk u3a at the Welcome Desk (manned by a rota of friendly greeters)
- enjoy a cup of a tea or coffee and biscuits
- chat to old friends and meet new ones
- meet some of the Group Leaders and Coordinators and Committee members
- join the u3a at the Membership Desk
- renew your membership at the Membership Desk (if you are not able to renew online)
- make reservations for theatre and concert visits
- book/purchase tickets for social and other events such as the u3a Christmas lunch (from 14 October)
- hear about the latest u3a news via announcements and flyers (as well as just by word-of-mouth, of course)
- get advice and help with your digital camera and computer problems
- learn something new or useful from the occasional Guest Visitors
- enjoy a refreshing cuppa, prior to attending one of the monthly Speaker Meetings
- purchase the exclusive u3a 2022 Diaries
- view and buy lovely cards hand-made by the Card Making Group
Rotas at Horizons
Chairs and tables are set up before the start of Horizons thanks to the members of the Chair Rota. If you would like to volunteer for this Rota, please contact its Organiser, John Dixon, who is very often present at Horizons.
Please remember to clear away your own chair and table at the end of Horizons if you possibly can.
There is a Welcome Desk Rota of helpful volunteers at Horizons waiting to answer your queries – especially useful if you are a new or potential member wanting to know more about the u3a.