There are many ways for members and non-members to communicate with Aughton and Ormskirk U3A and find out all about it.
Look out for Deadline Dates in the Magazine.
The Magazine is a glossy quarterly publication containing a variety of useful and interesting articles eg details of all the Groups, advance warning of Social Events, reviews and photos of recent happenings and much more. It is free to all who have paid their annual U3A subscription of £15.
Members are encouraged to pick up their magazines at the Horizons Coffee Meeting on advertised dates. If that is not possible, however, it will be delivered to their residence.
Contact the Magazine Editor to send in items for the Magazine.
e-newsletter (or e-news) is an electronic newsletter emailed at the end of each month to all members who have provided an email address. It covers topics that have arisen since the previous Magazine was published and sometimes reminders of important U3A events, as well as changes and cancellations. More information
Some Group Leaders keep an email list in order to readily communicate with members of their own Group. This can be very useful for reminding people of the next meeting, late availability of places on outings, cancellations or changes to arrangements.
Horizons is a weekly coffee meeting which provides an excellent opportunity for face-to-face communication and booking for trips, performances and socials. U3A activities and events can also be advertised at Horizons as follows:
- Announcements are made during almost all Horizons meetings. These generally relate to:
- special events requiring extra publicity such as the Speaker Meetings, Days Out, Holidays, Social Events
- items not mentioned already in the Magazine or in the e-news
- late changes to previously publicised information
- Flyers are sometimes put out on the tables at Horizons to give extra publicity to special events such as Speaker Meetings, Short Courses and Drama or Musical Theatre performances.
The Website provides information both for potential members and existing members on the nature of the organisation and how it is run. It contains comprehensive details about its interest groups and activities. It is the main source for up-to-date information on all aspects of the U3A. Contact the Web Manager to send updates for the website.
Also accessible via the Website are:
- the online form – this useful feature enables anyone to send in questions and comments by filling in and submitting a simple form. See Contact page for link
- an online Calendar – U3A events can be included as entries on the Calendar. Occasionally information from other organisations is added. Contact the Web Manager to send updates for the Calendar.