The group encourages as many as possible to put entries into the competitions as it helps to develop both photographing and creative skills. Each month there are 2 competition topics, as below.
|September 2019||Summer Snacks||Farm Animals|
|January 2020||NO MEETING|
|February||Bark||Catching People Unaware|
|April||Odd Couples||Round Things|
Examples of a skill required for a particular topic can usually be found on line.
If you Google for example “Tutorials for photographing Shadows” you will be able to find out more about that topic and what it involves. You will find lots of short videos on You Tube (some better than others) which are well worth looking at.
If in doubt, please ask a member with knowledge of a topic for assistance.
- You can submit one entry in each topic
- Photographs must have been taken by yourself
- Photographs can be submitted with or without any digital manipulation
- Once a photograph has been entered in a competition, it cannot be re-submitted in future competitions
- Entries must be received by midnight on the Sunday before the competition judging on the first Thursday of the month
Please e-mail photographs to firstname.lastname@example.org or take them on a memory stick to Horizons. Latest entry is the Sunday before the meeting.
There are no prizes to be won, just the opportunity to compare photographs taken by our own members with a view to improving standards. Winning entries are displayed on the U3A website.