The Aughton & Ormskirk u3a is a self-help, member-run organisation particularly for people no longer in full-time employment. Members share their knowledge, skills and experience in a variety of ways through meetings, talks, social events and special interest groups. These various activities aim to provide learning opportunities and promote the personal development of participant members – all in a friendly, relaxed environment.
Keep Up-to-date with the Horizons Slideshow!
If you are unable to visit our weekly Horizons meetings on Thursday mornings at the Christ Church Scout & Guide HQ, you can click here to view online the Slideshow which highlights events in the coming weeks along with some general notices.
Also check the sidebar of this Front Page every now and again for imminent events and important news.
If you are thinking that you might like to join Aughton & Ormskirk u3a or if you already are a member and are looking for something new to do, then take a few minutes to have a browse round this website. Here are some starting points for you to explore:
- Weekly Horizons Coffee Meetings
- Monthly Speaker Meetings at Horizons
- Occasional Special Guest Visitors and Events at Horizons
- Groups (over 80 special interest group activities)
- Groups Schedule
- Social Events
- About the u3a and how it works
- Join Us (more about membership)
- Contact Us (location maps and contact info)
- News (and Reports) – of some future, current and past events and activities
- Our very own u3a Facebook page
Last Updated on November 27, 2023