The Aughton & Ormskirk University of the Third Age (U3A) is a self-help, member-run organisation for people no longer in full-time employment. Members share their knowledge, skills & experience in a variety of ways, in normal times, through meetings, talks, social events and group activities – all in a friendly, relaxed environment. Most are curtailed due to social distancing. But some have managed to carry on remotely – see Our Virtual U3A.
The Importance of email to our U3A Communication
If you have changed your email address during these times of social isolation, please don’t forget that you can logon to update your U3A Beacon details for yourself. Or you can contact the Membership Team.
Aughton & Ormskirk U3A use these email addresses to keep in touch with its members by email eg via the monthly enews and special additional missives from the Management Committee. Some Groups also use Beacon to specifically email their Group members.
To browse the Aughton & Ormskirk U3A website for information on our activities in more usual times, try the following links:
- About the U3A
- Weekly Horizons Meetings
- Groups List and Programme (of special interest group activities)
- Events including Short Courses
- Speaker Meetings and Guest Visitors (occasional talks etc)
- News and Reports (on various activities of special interest)
- Join Us (more about membership)
- Contact Us (location maps and contact info)
- Our Facebook page
- Zoom Sessions Calendar (for group meetings using Zoom)