The Finance & Resources Subcommittee (F&R) meets several times a year, usually a week before the Management Committee (MC).
- Its main business is to consider applications from Group Leaders and others to provide funding for a special event or function, or to authorise the purchase of equipment.
- It is also responsible for safeguarding the organisation’s assets, providing appropriate insurance and financial reporting to the MC.
- In recent times, the U3A’s migration to the new Beacon accounting and membership system has occupied much of F&R time, especially in maximising its potential for greater transparency and in facilitating financial reporting and membership records.
Check the Subcommittee Terms of Reference (TOR) for more detail.
For information on Policies and Procedures relating to Finances and Resources in our U3A, please contact a member of this Subcommittee.
- members of the Finance & Resources Subcommittee are usually to be found at the Treasurer’s Desk during the weekly Horizons Meetings on Thursday mornings in the Scout & Guide HQ. If you do not spot an appropriate officer quickly, don’t hesitate to enquire at the Welcome Desk.
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone the answerphone number on the Contact Us webpage and leave a message for the Treasurer / the Subcommittee. The answerphone is usually checked weekly, but there could be some delay in a response to a message.
Some forms, for example for Paying-in, Expenses and Funding, can be accessed via a new Forms link located in the sidebar menu of this Subcommittee webpage (and the other ‘admin’ pages relating to committees etc).
If you cannot download a Form, then contact the Finance & Resources Subcommittee for copies. Some forms, record books and information sheets (such as those relating to Assets and Resources) may also be available in print at Horizons Meetings on Thursdays at the Scout & Guide HQ.