Communications Subcommittee Responsibilities:
- production and distribution of Magazines, Newsletters, Brochures etc
- the monthly enews sent out to members via Beacon email
- the Aughton & Ormskirk u3a website
- Our Facebook page
- publicity materials/events which promote what we do to the public
- certain other tasks related to improving communications within our u3a
Members: Mike Rimmer (Chair), Sue Watkinson, Bill Evans (Magazine), Joyce Nolan (Website Manager), Alan Nolan (Website Media), , Bill Soens (facebook), Pamela Ball (Speaker Meetings)
Other: Bob Carlton (enews)
The Magazine/Newsletter Editor, enews Editor and the Web Team can be contacted using the relevant web forms via Contact Us.
The facebook editor can be linked to via our Facebook page
The following anonymous emails can also be used to contact the appropriate editors:
- email@example.com for the monthly enews (emailed via Beacon)
- firstname.lastname@example.org for the Magazine / Newsletter (3 or 4 times a year in both email and paper formats)
- email@example.com for the website
- firstname.lastname@example.org for all members of the Communications Subcommittee
Please note that there is currently no procedure for publicity across the board. So, for example, if you want to advertise an event to appear in multiple places such as Magazine/ Newsletter, enews and the website, you need to contact all three bodies separately.
For details about the various channels of communication available, visit the Communicating in our u3a web page.
Last Updated on December 5, 2021