- Liberty from the Yorktown Victory Ball 1781. A 3 couple dance.
- Trip to Sheringham a square set 4 couple dance.
- The Jackdaw a Scottish 4 couple dance.
- Bells of Oxford a longways dance.
- (The) Irish Lamentation a longways dance from the Walsh Collection 1735.
- Whibsy Roundabout a circular dance by Gary Roodman 1995. A big favourite, everyone is moving all the time! We got a bit stuck when we danced this in August last year but cracked it straight off today ⭐️.
- The Dutch House a longways dance.
- Lead through and cast away a 3 couple dance.
- The Healing Touch choreography by Ron Coxall, a 4 couple dance.
- The Introduction a 4 couple dance by Fried de Metz Herman 1999. We did this 3 times to perfect it, a lovely dance but quite difficult.
- The Doldrums a 4 couple square set dance. From The Maggot Pie Collection 1797 (ref. Colin Hulme)
- Trip to Sheringham a 4 couple dance.
- Brighton le Sands a June Jones longways dance.
- Sion House pub.Playford 1701, longways dance.
- Newsham Review another June Jones dance, for 3 couples.
- Conwy Castle a longways dance by Tom Harnden.
- A School for Scandal a 3 couple dance from 1778.
- Rostillion a longways dance from 1726 by John & William Neil.
- Lord Caernarvon’s Jig dance for 4 couples. Adapted by Cecil Sharpe 1910.
We did a lot of dancing today to build an appetite for our enjoyable ‘Summer lunch’. Our thanks to June for organising it. So nice to see a few former dancers.
27.09.19 Elfrida recorded the dances. Thanks to her. Just a select 8 dancers today.
- Prince of Wales Fancy from 1792, we were wondering which future King this referred to, danced twice.
- Star Of Kintra a Trevor Monson dance from 2004. Kintra a settlement on the N.W coast of the Ross of Mull. Loads of practice at this dance, but eventually perfected it.⭐️
- Upton Priory a waltz rhythm, some gypsy moves & slow changes but again cracked it in the end.⭐️
- Lastly The Doldrums, see 13. 09.
An enjoyable if brain taxing & physical morning!