We have been contacted by researchers in the psychology department at Edge Hill University requesting help with a project to examine the influence of cognitive and social factors on memory for events. They are currently recruiting older adults for this study. More details are given below:
- Participants should be fluent in English and aged between 65-80 years old
- The first part of the study will be administered online and will look at how a person’s age and level of contact with other age-groups may affect memory of events.
- Participants will be asked to view short film clips and complete some questionnaires. This should take approximately 40 minutes to complete.
- For the second part of the study participants will be asked to complete a short routine memory questionnaire over the telephone.
- Participants will receive a £5 Amazon voucher for their time following completion of participation.
- The study is being conducted by researchers from Edge Hill University (Dr. Joyce Humphries) and the Open University (Dr Catriona Havard) and has been funded by the British Academy.
This project is being organised by Dr. Emily Breeze from Edge Hill and if you are interested in taking part please contact her directly by email at email@example.com to receive more information and a link to access the online part of the study.