We welcomed in the May by updating our Group photographs. Many thanks to Adrienne and Frank
- today’s dances:-
- The whim of the moment 1791
- Let’s welcome in the May a June Jones dance.
- Indian Queen 1701, an old favourite.
- Lord Caernavon’s Jig, a 4 couple dance
- Irish Lamentation, a 1735 longways dance. Waltz time.
- The Maid peeped out (at) the window, a 1651 traditional dance with lively music.
- The Otters Pool another June Jones choreographed dance. (NB The Liverpool connection)
13th. May Elfrida recording.
- Pilgarlic 3 couple longways x2.
- April’s Lady 3 couple in circle formation (last of my Birthday requests)
- New Exchange 3 couple Playford style with simultaneous corner crosses!
- Brighton Review longways -a bit tricky with limited dancers.
- Indian Queen
20th. May Elfrida recording again.
- St. Andrew’s gardens longways.
- Which way now? A June Jones composition. 4 couple longways involved diagonals and stars, quite fun & easy, the music from Razzmatazz, tune Close Encounter.
- Wibsey Roundabout – 5 couples in a circle, not done this for a while but we all managed.
- Trip to Sheringham 4 couple square set x2
- Auretti’s Dutch Skipper longways.
- Prince Regent a 3 couple dance, with pousettes. 1811-1820 the Prince Regent for King George IV.
- Which way now. See last week.
- Delia (the amorous Goddess) 3 couple dance by Ellen Taylor. Elegant!
- Double Jubilee a 3 couple Gary Roodman choreographed dance with music by Dave Weisler.x2.
- (Pay) No Taxes 3 couple dance great tune.
Last Updated on May 31, 2022