6.12.19 Elfrida recorded the dances.
- Childgrove – longways
- Turning by threes – 3 couple longways, danced it twice after lots of practice.
- The soldier and the sailor – longways, danced it before, with poussettes and half figure eights.
- Jamaica – 4 couple dance.
- Gloster reel – longways.
Then 16 of us enjoyed the meal at the Stanley.
13.12.19 Several of Geraldine’s birthday requests:-
- Geud Man of Ballangigh a longways Playford dance from 1709.
- Mirror Me a 3 couple Loretta Holz 2007 dance.
- another of Geraldine’s waltz requests, April’s Lady, 3 couples in circle.
- The Queen’s new square (not one of Geraldine’s) longways.
- Holborn March published by Johnson 1742.
20.12.19 some more of Geraldine’s requests, (she knows what she likes and we like them too.)
- Wooden Shoes pub. Playford 1703 a longways dance.
- Loose Ends a 4 couple dance with draw poussettes. This is the first dance with poussettes, see later for a different form.
- Sellenger’s round, as expected, a circular dance.
- Dunham Oaks a longways dance, from the dances of Brian Wedgbury 2004, with straight poussettes
- and finally another of Geraldine’s favourites, a suitably jolly dance to end 2019, The Comical Fellow.
🎄🎄Happy Christmas to all and our thanks to June for her patience and skill, leading our group for another year. Also for Elfrida, deputising from time to time.
See you all in the New Year on January 10th.