Since Social Isolation seems to be carrying on, we’ve temporarily hidden our Events Page and replaced it with this one containing content more appropriate to times of lockdown and social isolation. Please, please help the Web Team keep this page up-to-date, interesting and useful in the current situation by sending in additional items to: email@example.com. In particular, we are very interested to hear about and publicise how groups are managing to carry on regardless in spite of the coronavirus! For those we already know about, see Our Virtual U3A.
Group Leader Bulletins – Restart of Activities
- see the new Group Leader Bulletins page
Communications from the Management Committee
- u3a Newsletter No 4 (July 2021)
- u3a Newsletter No 3 (March 2021)
- u3a Newsletter No 2 (December 2020)
- Message from the Chairman (October 2020) – “about our virtual u3a“
- u3a Newsletter No 1 (August 2020)
- Message from the Management Committee (August 2020) – “Activities based at hired premises”
- Message from the Chairman (August 2020) – “restart decision deferred until New Year 2021”
- Message from the Chairman (July 2020) – position statement on re-opening activities
- Notification of postponement of the 2020 AGM
- Message from the Chairman (March 2020) – at the start of “lockdown”
- U3A Activity Suspension (March 2020) – message from the Secretary
- Message from your Treasurer
- See also Minutes of the Management Committee Meetings
Speaker Meetings are back!
Details of future Speaker Meetings already arranged for 2021, including how to sign up to attend, can be viewed on Pam Ball’s Speaker Meeting webpage.
Signs of Spring – a new gallery for 2021 to help give members cheer that warmer and brighter weather is on its way, new life is returning to the world and there is renewed hope for a safer and more carefree future.
- Christmas Card Gallery – This new seasonal webpage contains a miscellany of festive contributions sent in by our talented members. It started off as photos of cards designed by members to convey greetings within our u3a. But the webpage has now expanded to include crafts, a poem and short stories. A real treat.
- West Lancs in Autumn – gallery of great photos (plus a poem) with a seasonal theme
- Gardening Group Gallery – a cornucopia of beautiful summer blooms
- Poems for Lockdown is a Post containing suggestions you sent us of poems relevant to these times and some poems written by members.
- West Lancs in Bloom are galleries set up following a request – early on in lockdown – to members for photos taken when pottering in the garden or out on their daily walk.
National u3a Website and Newsletter
- Up and down the UK, members of our u3a movement are inventing new ways to stay connected, keep up their activities or even create new ones. The National Website is full of ideas to help us get through this time of social isolation – Zoom Talks, u3a Radio Podcasts, Quizzes, Online Events and Tutorials, Resources and Advice, Photo Galleries and much more.
- Additionally, the monthly National Newsletter is a fascinating read and contains so many links to interesting things to do while keeping safe. You can sign up for the National Newsletter to be emailed to you each month and check out the ones you’ve missed in the Newsletter Archive.
Posts from the Web Team
(Mainly relating to remote communication during lockdown. )
Last Updated on July 17, 2021