Since Social Isolation seems to be carrying on, we’ve temporarily hidden our Events Page and replaced it with this one containing content more appropriate to times of lockdown. Please, please help the Web Team keep this page up-to-date, interesting and useful in the current situation by sending in additional items to: email@example.com. Here are some examples of types of things you might like to share:
- a painting you have completed while social distancing. Send in a photo of your painting, drawing or cartoon if you would like in posting on a new Gallery Post of such items. (Email it as an attachment to the Web Team.)
- photos of summer wildlife in the garden or local countryside taken this summer during lockdown. (Again, email as attachments to the Web Team for publishing in a future photo gallery.)
- a favourite poem, book or song appropriate to the times
- a poem or story or play you have written yourself
- best online games realting to Group activities eg bridge, chess, scrabble etc
- routes for short local walks or cycles
- gardening tips and photos
- quizzes, jokes, puzzles
- exercise classes online
- new experiences / trials of using social media for keeping in touch with family and friends
Now here is a collection of relevant items already appearing on the website that you may have missed:
Posts from collated from Member Contributions
We are all aware of the many and varied talents and interests of our U3A Members. Here are a couple of Posts demonstrating the results. Many thanks are due to our talented contributors.
- Poems for Lockdown is a Post containing suggestions you sent us of poems relevant to these times and some poems written by members.
- West Lancs in Bloom are galleries set up following a request – early on in lockdown – to members for photos taken when pottering in the garden or out on their daily walk.
Posts from the Web Team
(Mainly relating to remote communication. )
Messages from the Management Committee
- Message from the Chairman
- U3A Activity Suspension
- Message from your Treasurer
- Notification of postponement of the 2020 AGM
- If you have not already renewed your U3A membership, this can be done online. See Membership Renewal Online
- Keep an eye on the Speaker Meeting Page for info from the Speaker Secretary about replacement activities arranged for you during lockdown
Third Age Trust (TAT)
- TAT Advice and Info
- More TAT Advice and Info
- Exercise – Mr Motivator has set up a series of short sessions specifically for U3A – check out the official YouTube channel of the University of the Third Age in the UK.