Since Social Isolation seems to be carrying on, we’ve temporarily hidden our Events Page and replaced it with this one containing content more appropriate to times of lockdown and social isolation. Please, please help the Web Team keep this page up-to-date, interesting and useful in the current situation by sending in additional items to: email@example.com.
Communications from the Management Committee
- U3A Newsletter No 1 (August 2020)
- Message from the Management Committee (August 2020) – “Activities based at hired premises”
- Message from the Chairman (August 2020) – “restart decision deferred until New Year 2021”
- Message from the Chairman (July 2020) – position statement on re-opening activities
- Notification of postponement of the 2020 AGM
- Message from the Chairman (March 2020) – at the start of “lockdown”
- U3A Activity Suspension (March 2020) – message from the Secretary
- Message from your Treasurer
Third Age Trust (TAT)
- TAT Advice and Info
- More TAT Advice and Info
- Exercise – Mr Motivator has set up a series of short sessions specifically for U3A – check out the official YouTube channel of the University of the Third Age in the UK.
Posts from the Web Team
(Mainly relating to remote communication. )
We are all aware of the many and varied talents and interests of our U3A Members. Here are a couple of Posts demonstrating the results. Many thanks are due to our talented contributors and event organisers.
- Poems for Lockdown is a Post containing suggestions you sent us of poems relevant to these times and some poems written by members.
- West Lancs in Bloom are galleries set up following a request – early on in lockdown – to members for photos taken when pottering in the garden or out on their daily walk.
- Keep an eye on the Speaker Meeting Page for info from the Speaker Secretary about replacement activities arranged for you during lockdown