I looked for a holiday theme in our dances this month, and found a few:- Sea Breezes, and The Brighton Review seemed the most obvious.
3.08.18 Some of Wendy’s Birthday requests.
- Newcastle a 4 couple square set traditional dance 1651, which we danced twice.
- The Slof Galliard a Pat Shaw 4 couple longways dance 1975. A challenge but we rose to the occasion, twice.
- Nonesuch another traditional dance 1651 Playford, 4 couple longways, also twice.
- Heidenroslein another Pat Shaw 4 couple square set dance, waltz time.
- Black Bess Playford 1696 longways.
- Sea Breezes (3rd. version, June Jones choreography.) 3 couple dance.
- Sion House Playford 1701, longways dance.
- Mile of Smiles a Joseph Pimentel contemporary longways dance.
- The Brighton Review a longways dance.
- The Siege of Limerick Playford 1698 longways dance.
- Meillion, a 5 couple Welsh country dance, with clapping.
- Fittleworth Frolic a 5 couple circular dance.
- Of noble race was Shinkin another great title but what does it mean? Playford 1698, music from The Beggars Opera.
24.08.18. Elfrida is calling today’s dances.
- The 1st. of April (well we had April showers!) Longways dance 1773 published by Thompson.
- Wibsey Roundabout a 5 couple Gary Roodman 1995 circular dance. Our mechanics were a little rusty today!
- Birthday Reel a 4 couple dance x2.
- Portsmouth longways dance.
- (The) Jackdaw a 4 couple Scottish dance.
- The Comical Fellow a longtime favourite, pub. Thompson 1776.
- The Farmer’s Joy a Joseph Pimentel dance 2012.
- Zig Zag Tuesday a longways dance.
- St. Swithin’s hornpipe a 2 couple dance.
- The New Exchange a 3 couple dance.
- Dunant House another 3 couple dance.
- Namptwich Fair a longways dance.