8.07.22 A couple of Birthdays to celebrate. First six dances are Wendy’s excellent choices.
- Upon a Summer’s Day a 3 couple dance.
- Liberty also 3 for couples.
- Black Nag 3 couple dance.
- Jackdaw a 4 couple dance
- the Prince of Wales Fancy a 4 couple dance.
- Leah’s Waltz a 3 couple dance but not danced to the Ashokan Farewell tune which we did last month.
- Leaving of Liverpool a 3 couple dance.
15.07.22 Elfrida calling the dances today.
- Turning by threes no prizes for guessing that this is a dance for 3 couples. Choreographed in 2003 by one of our favourites Gary Roodman
- Ye will down with the French another 3 couple dance.
- Leaving of Liverpool also for 3 couples.
- Robert’s Reel and
- Upon a Summer’s day both 3 couple dances
22.07.22 some more of Wendy’s birthday choices.
- the Comical Fellow a longways dance from Thompson 1776. We have a few more dancers this week so can do some longways dances.
- The Waterfall Waltz a Pat Shaw 1996 dance (adapted for 10 dancers to a longways dance.)
- Trip to Sheringham a 4 couple dance, danced in square formation.
- The Drummer, this always feels like a contemporary dance but is in fact from Thompson 1757 but reconstructed in 1992
- The Rakes of Rochester a longways dance from 1748.
- Solitaire also a longways dance.
Only three dance sessions this month but lots of lovely dances.
We continue dancing during August so why not come along and join us.
Last Updated on August 2, 2022