Wednesday 5th December 2018
We had our traditional Science Group Christmas Cheer event with quizzes and refreshments of Christmas cake, mince pies and a variety of nibbles, biscuits and chocolates. Proceedings got off to a great start with Patsy’s famous mulled wine which helped everyone’s confidence in doing the quizzes if not their success! We started with a World Knowledge Quiz which helped everyone decide that they did not know as much about the state of the world as they thought and followed this with a quiz based on the BBC TV show “Impossible” but with science orientated questions.
If you want to try Jack’s World Knowledge Quiz, you can download the Questions, Choices and Answers below:
- World Knowledge Quiz Questions
- World Knowldege Quiz Choices (blank answer sheet)
- World Knowledge Quiz Answers
Some members were interested in more background information on the World Knowledge Quiz and this is given below:
- The book that the quiz was based on by Professor Hans Rosling, can be downloaded for free from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Aq9xC6ftIlpuc-5Khh7ERALmbbjP96_j/view?usp=sharing
- You can learn more about the work of Hans Rosling from his web site at https://www.gapminder.org/
- You can find his inspirational TED talks on youtube, an example is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVimVzgtD6w
If you would like to have a go at doing Alan’s “Impossible” Quiz, you can download the Questions and Answers below.
The quiz is [very] loosely based on the TV quiz show, “Impossible”, where you have to identify both the ‘correct’ answer (for 3 points) and the ‘impossible’ answer (1 point).