Aughton & Ormskirk u3a has received a helpful offer from Sarah of the Campaigns Team, Citizens Advice Lancashire West:
As I’m sure you’re aware, this year the Census 2021 Questionnaire is being completed online.
There are many members of our local communities who will not be able to do this and who will need help from others to submit their return. I know that one of the strengths of all U3A groups is the willingness to help each other and in particular with technology.
Working in partnership with the Office of National Statistics and the Good Things Foundation, we are offering assistance to those who will struggle to complete the form online and who may not be able to access your support.
– Our support service has trained and checked Census Advisers who can help people to complete their online questionnaire.
– Once a resident has received their Census Letter, they can call us on 01772 595 463 to book an appointment.
– This support is available from now, until 4th May 2021
– We have registered centres in West Lancs, Chorley and Wyre
– Currently, due to Lockdown restrictions, all appointments are by telephone. Once the restrictions have been lifted and we have permission from the ONS, we’ll be offering face-to-face appointments in our centres as well.
– Our Booking line phone number is 01772 595 463 – please feel free to share
We would be grateful if you would highlight this service with your group members or those you have contact with who are likely to need support in completing their Census 2021 return online.
Please note – Residents are still able to complete their return using paper format. To obtain a paper copy, they should contact the ONS Census support line 0800 141 2021 and ask for a copy to be sent to them.
If you’re a social media user, we’d also be grateful if you could spread the word by ‘liking’ or sharing any Census posts on our Facebook @citizensadvicebureauchorley and Twitter @ChorleyCAB
Should they be useful we have a number of leaflets which we are happy to share, though all are available from https://census.gov.uk/
If you’d like copies of the resources we are using, please do get in touch.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries.
The Campaigns Team
Citizens Advice Lancashire West