A message about Age UK Lancashire from U3A Trustee, Sue Watkinson:
1. Age UK continues to support older people during the Coronavirus crisis. Services are available by phoning the central number 0300 303 1234 or email email@example.com
The office is Ormskirk remains closed but the staff still offer these services to our community:
– Providing shopping services and collecting prescriptions
– Taking people home from hospital and settling them in
– Good Day calls – a telephone call to check well-being every day
– Information and Advice
– Dementia Support
2. Another initiative from Age UK is a Zoom online Dementia Support meeting. This is being run fortnightly on Friday afternoons to provide support and socialising for carers of those living with dementia. There is usually a Guest Speaker. They provide help to use Zoom or there is a telephone option if preferred. A computer or tablet is needed but they have some available on loan.
Contact Anne Oliver on 07807 338783 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. And finally, Age UK has a project ongoing called the Art of Isolation. They are collecting examples of art/craft, poems/ short stories, photographs of newly made garden features or anything that has been created during lock-down. A Lancashire storyteller and curator is working with Age UK to collect and assemble the examples into a professional publication.
If you would like to make a donation in the form of a photograph or text document then please contact me in the first instance and I will forward them onto the appropriate person at Age UK Lancashire.
Sue Watkinson on 01695 422423