Sara Norburn from Edge Hill University has sent us the following request for volunteers to take part in her interesting Research Study:
– We would like to invite you to participate in a focus group study to explore how reduced mobility impacts eating behaviours.
– This research study aims to understand how eating behaviours in those aged 65 and over are affected by reduced mobility, which includes arthritis in any of your joints and pain.
– If you would like to take part you will be asked to come along to the Scout & Guide HQ on an agreed day/time suitable for yourself and have a cup of coffee/tea and a biscuit and talk to others for a maximum of 45 minutes about how your mobility effects how you purchase and prepare the foods that you eat. These might be things like bending down to use the oven, reaching up for items on high shelves or chopping fruits and vegetables.
You can take part in this study if you:
- Are aged 65 years or above.
- Participate in the purchasing and/or preparation of the food you consume.
- Identify yourself as having reduced mobility.
- Are able to understand verbal explanations or written information given in English.
If you require any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact the lead researcher – Sara Norburn:
- email email@example.com
- phone 07894 988684 .